By Amber Allen
Congratulations to the members at Park Health a Villa Center for winning a new contract! On Friday, April 13th, 2018, the workers at Park Health a Villa Center including Senova and Health Care Services, passed their first contract under the new ownership.
We began bargaining on January 4th, 2018, and after several meetings we came to an agreement on April 6th, 2018.
Highlights of the new contract include:
- 3-year contract with wage reopeners in 2019 and 2020
- Increased premiums for Preceptor and TMA shifts (Preceptor and TMAs are types of positions in the healthcare industry)
- 5th week of vacation after 15 years of service
- SPUR leave
- Paid jury duty
- Improved bereavement language
- Employer provided uniforms
- Years of experience wage scale
I’d like to thank the bargaining committee: Jessica Larson, George Ayuka, and Fred Jah for their commitment and dedication to their co-workers as well as their employer. I’d also like to thank Secretary Treasurer Paul Crandall for his leadership and support during the process. A win for one is a win for all!